Messy Mondays: Happy Belated Birthday


Welcome back to another Messy Monday post! I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend if you live in North America, and enjoyed the last couple of days. Today I will be sharing with you a card I recently made for a friend's birthday.

I first stamped a background for my card using a 4.25" by 5.5" piece of white cardstock. I used layering stamps from Altenew Vintage Roses and Painted Butterflies for this. I also used Altenew Red Cosmo crisp inks set to stamp on some of the butterflies and I was blown away by how crisp it stamped! I am in love with these inks!

After the background was done, I used some tacky glue to scribble onto the bottom right corner of a piece of vellum which was also cut at 4.25" by 5.5".  I used some of my gold Heidi Swapp Minc foil (still in love with these foils!) and pressed and rubbed it down. After this was done, I pulled the foil off, and it left an artsy looking blob. The vellum was sewn onto the background piece to give it a softer look, and then adhered onto a A4 sized side folding white card base.





To finish up this card, I white embossed a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp It's Your Birthday Stamp set onto black cardstock and cut it out. This was adhered on top of the foil using some foam adhesives. After adding a couple of sequins from PPP (4mm Metallic Gold, 4mm/6mm Sparkling Clear), this card was done! I love how this turned out and ended up making another similar background using just butterflies, which you can see here on my instagram account.

 Hope you enjoyed and happy crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.