Sparkling Saturdays: Blessing of Longevity


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! As Chinese New Year/Valentines Day is coming up, I will be sharing with you a card that blesses the recipient with longevity. I used the traditional colors of luck, red and gold, for this card.

I started out with a 4.25" by 5.5" piece of white cardstock. Next, I stamped my own background with Versamark ink using Lawn Fawn Year 3 stamp set. After I was done stamping, I used Ranger Gold embossing powder to heat set my images.

In order to blend on a red background, I used my Molotow Liquid Masking pen on each image so the ink wouldn't transfer through. I used Festive Berries distress ink to blend on my background. After it was relatively dry, I used an adhesive eraser and my finger to rub off the masking fluid that was on top of the images. As you can tell, there are still little red specks on the images because I think my masking pen dried relatively quickly so I couldn't figure out how to solidly fill an image. Still, it worked pretty well, and the little specks didn't really bother me.

I stamped my Longevity greeting from The Old Island Stamp Company, onto a piece of vellum using Versamark, and heat embossed this in gold as well. I layered a piece of red cardstock that was cut slightly smaller than the vellum piece underneath it, and adhered it onto my background panel using foam tape.

To finish off my card, I trimmed my off a bit from the sides of my card and added a strip of gold foil paper to the left side. I adhered the whole panel onto an A2 white side folding card front and called it a day.

I hope you enjoyed! I will be entering this into the SSS Monday Challenge: Love is in the air as love can be described in many different ways, not only in the romantic sense ;)

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!