Sparkling Saturdays: Easel Card


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you an easel card I made a while back for my friend's birthday. Please excuse the lighting for this picture as I was having some difficulties....

An easel card is a fun interactive way for the card to be propped up and the card front to be shown. While there are many ways to prop up a card, I decided to add a strip of pattern paper and a sticker rhinestone to hold mine up. It worked well and held up through the mail!

For my card front, I used Canson XL watercolor paper and used distress inks to stamp out these cute images from Mama Elephant Ella and Friends set. I used the same ink colors to watercolor in my images and let it dry. Next, I smushed on some color using distress ink, water, and acetate paper to control where I wanted my color. After it dried, I stamped on a birthday sentiment from the same set onto the bottom left corner.

To finish my card,  I scored my card base in half, and then in half again on one side so it could fold up. Next, I die cut my watercolor panel using the cross-stitch frame from Sew Fancy set by Mama Elephant. A sprinkle of colorful sequins coming from the trunk of the elephant in celebration was the final touch.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!