Sparkling Saturday: Watercoloring with Distress Pads


Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! I took a bit of a break off with Spring break and Easter, but will be back with regular posts now. Today I will be sharing a simple watercoloring piece that may look hard to do, but was actually quite simple.

I started out with a piece of Canson XL watercolor and used the bunny from The Greeting Farm Lucky Bunnies stamp with Rangers Archival Black ink. Picking out some colors from my distress inks, I smushed them onto an acrylic block and picked up the color using my paintbrush. I watercolored in the bunny using Tattered Rose, and the balloon using Mustard Seed. After that dried, I used Frayed Burlap and Salty Ocean as my background. I used more water with the blue color to give the edges a softer look. After the background completely dried, I used the same colors to splatter on some spots for added interest.

Using VersaFine Black Onyx ink, I stamped on a birthday greeting and let that dry. To finish up the card, I added a sprinkling of sequins and rounded each corner with my WRMK Corner Chomper and adhered it to a pale blue A2 card front.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Carmen, the image is adorable and I love your watercoloring, absolutely fabulous! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!