Sparkling Saturdays: Heart Filled Love

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you a wedding shaker card that I made for close friends. Their wedding colors were navy, peach, mint, and gold, so I tried to incorporate them into this card.


I started out with a piece of white cardstock that I die cut out of the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle set. Next I used a heart die cut (not sure where I got these), to die cut out 3 hearts. Next, I used the Hero Arts Best Wishes (CL360) stamp set to stamp on some images and a sentiment and colored the images in using some Copic markers. 

I wanted each heart to have a separate shaker compartment, so I used my WRMK fuse tool to make 3 separate squares to fit behind each heart. I sealed up 3 sides of the squares, added some sequin and sea beads in, and then sealed up the opening. The shaker squares were adhered behind the hearts with strong adhesive.

To finish up the card, I matted this onto a piece of gold cardstock, and then adhered it down onto a peach/coral colored A2 side folding card base. For added sparkle and dimension, I added some pearl stickers and some silver Nuvo drops (still figuring the best way to make them more round and 3D looking).

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting!  

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!