Sparkling Saturdays: Summer Fun

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! I took a bit of break from creating/blogging, but now I'm back and refreshed. The summer solstice was a few days ago, so here is a shaker card celebrating warm sun and water. 

First, I started out with a piece of A2 sized white cardstock. Using a MFT stitched circle die, I cut out a circle from the top half of my panel and adhered a piece of acetate behind it. Next, I used some new inks colors from Lawn Fawn (Ballet Slippers, Moonstone, and Minty Fresh) to stamp some dots with the smallest sketchy circle stamp from Wplus9 Encouraging Words. After stamping on a birthday greeting, I used Lawn Fawn large stitched rectangle frame to finish up my front card panel.


For my summer scene, I used Wplus9 Big Top Background stamp to make sun rays (Ranger Lemon Twist) on the front of my A2 card base. Next, I added some different colored sequins to create my "ocean/water". To seal these sequins in and turn this into a shaker card, I added foam tape behind my whole front card and adhered this to my card front, making sure to line up my sides properly so my sun rays would be in the middle.

To finish off my card, I stamped this cute ninja from Mama Elephant Tiny Ninjas set and fussy cut it out. I adhered it to the middle of my circle to make it look like the ninja is "jumping" into the ocean in celebration.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge.
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shaker card :-) I love the little ninja with the starburst, very cute :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!