Sparkling Saturdays: Celebrate


Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you a foiled card I made for a friend's birthday. My friend's favorite superhero is Spiderman, so I thought it would be fitting to make him a Spiderman themed card.

To start, I used my computer to find a web pattern and then sized it to fit an A4 sized piece of paper. After it was centered and sized the way I wanted it to look, I printed this image out on my laser printer on a piece of red cardstock.  After it was printed, I cut this piece down to 3.5" by 4.75" for my focal panel.

Next, I used the holographic foil from Heidi Swapp Minc collection and cut out a piece to put on top of my web. I ran this through my laminator (still on the fence about buying the Minc!), and it came out perfectly. Don't you love how gorgeously shiny the web looks?

Using the Mama Elephant Tiny Heroes set, I stamped one of the boy superheros and tried to color to him to look like Spiderman. As I look back on this now, I realized I should have drawn in Spiderman's mask and colored the face all red to make it look more like him (oh well, next time!). I used Copics to color him in and then fussy cut him out and went around the outline with a black marker for a more finished look. Spiderman was then adhered onto the middle of the web using foam dimensionals.

For the sentiment for this card, I kept it simple by using my gold foil alphabet stickers to spell out the word 'celebrate'. To finish this card, I layered this onto a 3.75" by 5" piece of black cardstock and then stuck this down onto an A4 card horizontally.

Hope you enjoyed! Happy Crafting.




theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!