Messy Mondays: Embossed Birthday Cards

Welcome to another Messy Monday! I was looking back at some pictures and realized I had never posted the finished cards I made from the sneak peek I showed you on Instagram back in Nov. With the start of my Christmas card series, I totally forgot about these until now (oops!).

For these birthday cards, I used the same design for both but switched up the colors, images, and the embossing folder I used. First, I started out by using some blueprint/cogs and gear embossing folders from Sizzix. After I dry embossed them, I lightly went over each embossed background with my distress inks using my blending tool to give it more dimension.  Next I stamped out my images, colored them (robot: Copics; bear: Zig Clean Color), and then fussy cut them out. I used the Beep Boop Birthday for the cute robot image, and the Party Animal set for the bear; both of which are from Lawn Fawn.


I matted both of the backgrounds on a piece of colored cardstock that matched the ink color, and then adhered these to an A2 side folding white card base. I used foam adhesive to stick the images onto the bottom left hand corner of the matted panel.

For the sentiment for robot card, I die cut Happy Birthday from the Simon Says Stamp die, and ran it through my Xyron sticker maker to make adhering it to the card easier. For my bear card, I stamped a greeting from the Chit Chat set from Lawn Fawn and foam adhered it to the card. To finish my robot card, I added an extra sprinkling of Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll be entering the bear card into the Lawnscaping Challenge: Watercolor. Happy Crafting!



theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards! I really love both of the backgrounds, they create a fun texture! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!