Sparkling Saturdays: Watercolored circles

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you a simple watercoloring and foil technique to make a simple birthday card. You can use any watercolors/water based markers that you have for this technique so it's very versatile. Grab your supplies and let's get started.

First, I cut a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper down to 4" by 5.5" for my focal panel. Next, I used a solid circle stamp from MFT Scribbled Flowers (but any circle stamp will do, or freehand!) to stamp on some circles. I used my Tombow markers to scribble on some color, misted it with some water, and stamped it onto my piece of paper. I repeated this step with multiple colors, not worrying about images that didn't stamp fully. After all my circles were stamped, I used my Pentel Aqua brush to go over the images to spread the color out.

After this piece was dried, I used my EK Success Powder tool to make sure my embossing powder wouldn't stick to areas I wouldn't want. Next, I used Versamark to stamp on my letters/sentiment using the Invisible Alpha set by Altenew. I heat set this with some clear embossing powder and then let it cool. For the final step, I placed some gold foil on top of my letters, and ran it through my laminating machine twice. When I pulled off the foil, not all the foil had adhered to the letters (probably due to the thickness and texture of my watercolor paper), but I liked this slightly distressed look, so I left it as it. If you don't like this look, you can always fill in the missing areas with the quickie glue pen, wait for it to get tacky, and adhere some foil on top. I adhered this to a yellow top folding card base, and this card was done!

Hope you enjoyed.
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!