Messy Mondays: MFT Sketch 324

Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today's card is inspired by the newest MFT Sketch Challenge. I find that sketches help me play around with different layouts of my cards, that I would not normally do, and helps my creative juices flow. Click here to play along and get inspired!


For the base of my A2 card, I used a premade pink patterned card base from Michael's. Next, I used my largest Little B Label dies to partially die cut out the bottom of a white cardstock piece for the "v shaped" part of the sketch design. I thought leaving it white was a bit plain, so I decided to used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder for some added dimension. Using a pink patterned paper, a large circle was cut with the MFT stitched circles dies. For the banner up on the top left corner, I took out my washi tape (which I hoard and hardly use!) and snipped it to the size and shape I wanted. After all this was done, I adhered all the pieces onto the card base. 

For my focal image, I used this cute bear from MFT Beary Special Birthday set and colored them in using Copics. The colors I used are E50, E00, and E21 for the bear, my new favorite combo brown combo for animals. I added some sparkle using my Wink of Stella for some extra celebratory shine. For my sentiment, I used Lawn Fawn Sugar Plum ink to stamp on a greeting from Mama Elephant Labeled Messages set. After trimming out my sentiment, I adhered this down onto the card and used foam squares to stick on my bear and this card is done!

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!