Messy Mondays: Bun in the Oven

Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today I will be sharing with you a baby card I made for a joyous celebration. This card combines similar patterns using different textures for a cohesive and fun look.


I chose a mint colored cardstock cut at 4" by 5.25" and dry embossed it using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. Next, on a white piece of card stock, I stamped on the cute oven and bun from Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set. I colored it in using Copic markers in N2, N4, and N6 and some browns and pinks for the little bun. I fussy cut this out with a thin border and used foam tape to adhere it onto the embossed panel.

For my sentiment, I used Ranger Silver embossing powder to heat set a greeting from the same stamp set onto vellum. However, it didn't really pop on the card panel by itself, so I placed a light blue piece of card stock behind it and then adhered both pieces down using a similar colored brad. 

To finish off this card, I added some paper confetti shapes using the confetti die from Mama Elephant, and also used ribbon to tie a bow at the top. I chose a premade yellow polka dot A2 card base to adhere all of this onto, and then added a thin yellow strip of paper underneath the sentiment to tie it all together.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!