Messy Mondays: Congratulations (house warming)


Welcome to another Messy Monday (Tuesday...hehe)! It was Thanksgiving here in Canada yesterday, so I took the day off to spend time with family and friends, but am back today with a new post.

I have so much to be thankful for this year but am extremely grateful for the new opportunities God has granted me these past couple of months and for the loving encouragement of my friends and family.

Today I will be sharing with you a card I made for my friends' house warming. If you follow me on instagram, you will see the gift I put this card in.


I started out with a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper and used the smoother side to stamp on some images from Stampendous Bouquet for You set. A mask was created for the peony and leaves so I could layer the flowers on top of another to make it look like a bouquet. As the mason jar in the set is taller and skinnier than I wanted, I selectively stamped and expanded the jar to what I wanted it to look like.

All the images were stamped and watercolored with distress ink markers. The colors I used were Picked Raspberry (peonies), Weathered Wood (jar and shadow), Peeled Paint (stem) and Pine Needles (leaves).

After the image was colored, I rounded the corners with my WRMK corner chomper and adhered it to a blue-grey cardstock. As you can tell from my last post, I am currently in love with these foiled card bases, so I adhered this one to a damask-like pattern (someone tell me if this pattern has a specific name!). 'Congratulations' by Paper Smooches was die cut of black cardstock and glued onto the card.

Simple and easy. I will be entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Thanks for coming by, I appreciate it. Happy crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! The flower really pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! The flowers are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!