Messy Mondays: Happy Showers


Welcome to another Messy Monday! I recently attended a friend's baby shower so obviously I made a card to go with the present (sidenote: shopping for baby clothes is so much fun- the clothes are so cute and adorable!).

For this card, I used a piece of baby themed pattern paper for the top half of my card. Using the rattle from Lawn Fawn Hello Baby stamp set, I used Versamark to make my own background on the bottom half of my lime green A2 card base. After that was done, I let it dry and then adhered the pattern paper on top.


Following this, I added a pale blue thin ribbon across the card front where the pattern paper ended to add a bit of texture and dimension. For my focal panel, I die cut the large circle from Mama Elephant Sew Fancy set and glued it to the left middle side of the card. The penguin from Avery Elle More Stories was colored using Copics (C1, C3, C5) and fussy cut out. I added it on top of the circle using some foam adhesive.

Finally, the sentiment (I smudged it a bit with my hand! Argh.) from the Hello Baby set by Lawn Fawn was stamped in the bottom right side and some Pretty Pink Posh sequins in 4mm and 6mm Sparkling clear were added for the finishing touch.

Hope you enjoyed. I'll be entering this into the SSS Wedsnesday Challenge: Wrap it Up.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. this is adorable, your coloring is FAB! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    stop by my blog and comment for a chance at winning my giveaway for world kindness day
    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-best-day-ever.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!