Sparkling Saturdays: Father's Day Edition

 Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! It's Father's Day here in North America, so this is a card I made for my own father. I am so grateful and thankful for all that he does and I definitely don't say thank you often enough.

To start off this card, I cut out a piece of white cardstock measuring 3.75" by 4.5". I'm currently on an abstract line distress ink blending obsession, so I used distress inks (Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, Salty Ocean) to make my own background. After it was done, I used some white acrylic paint to splatter on some dots for added interest.

I stamped the cute papa and child bear image, from Mama Elephant Bear Hugs stamp set, and colored it in using my warm grey Copics (W1, W3, W5). I fussy cut it out and went around the edges of the image with a black marker for a more finished look and popped it onto the panel using foam squares.

For my sentiment, I used Mama Elephant Labeled Messages for the first part and popped it up using foam squares. For the second part of my sentiment, I used a greeting from Mama Elephant Happy Everything set and stamped it onto the panel directly using Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink.



To complete my card, I mounted the panel onto a black piece of cardstock and adhered it all down onto a premade deep beige/tan colored A2 card base. For finishing touches, I used Stickles in Stardust to add some shimmer and dimension onto the card.

Hope you enjoyed! I will be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge: Animal Magic.
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Carmen! The image is so adorable.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!