Sparkling Saturdays: Foiled Tulips

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! It's been awhile, but I'm glad to be back. Today I'll be sharing with you a foiled card I made using stamps, embossing powder, and a laminator. 

I started out with a white square piece of paper measuring 3" x 3". I used the tulips from Penny Black Blooming Garden (a set I use often!) to stamp on the image using Versamark and also stamp on a birthday greeting in the top right hand corner as well. Next, I used my clear embossing powder (sticky embossing powder might work better, but I forgot to use it) to heat set my images.

Following this, I used a piece of magenta foil and placed it foil side up on top of my embossed images. I used a carrier sheet (a folded piece of printer paper) to run this through my heated up laminator twice to ensure good coverage. Once it was done, I carefully peel off the foil for the stunning result! I absolutely love how this turned out! I mouinted this onto a black piece of cardstock to make sure my image would pop before moving on to making the card base. 


I made a top folding A2 card for my base and cut out an A2 sized black piece of cardstock to cover the front panel. Next, I cut out a pink colored cardstock that is slightly smaller than an A2 panel. I used Mama Elephant Sentimenal Borders (the birthday one) to make a tone on tone background. I adhered this onto the card base, and then used craft foam to adhered the square panel on top.

Hope you enjoyed this card. I'll be entering this into SSS Monday Challenge: Summer Garden.
Happy crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, the big bold flowers are stunning. love the pink background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!