Messy Mondays: Birthday Z-fold

Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today I will be sharing with you a variation of the z-fold I made last May for mother's day (you can see it here). This version is a birthday version and I love this just as much as my other card. Which one do you like more? 

I started out with the basic base that you need for a z-fold card. If you google, "z-fold card tutorial", there a quite a few links out there with the measurements that you need. Let me know if you want me to make a write out my measurements, and I'll update this post later on! I made my card base out of the same purple cardstock that I used last time. 

For my images for this card, I decided to use some images from Mama Elephant Carried Away and Up & Away stamp set. For the focal panel, I made a mini picture using the stamps and blended on some Tumbled Glass distress ink for the sky, and colored in the images using Copics. After, I matted this onto a piece of black cardstock, which was then matted onto a patterned piece of paper before being adhered onto the card.

Next, I moved on to create the interactive images for my card. The cute bunny is from Mama Elephant Carnival Cupcake set and the balloons are from Lawn Fawn Party animal stamp set. I colored all the images in using various Copic colors and fussy cut/die cut them out. 

I adhered these images onto acetate strips that I cut out so that they would appear to be floating in the air. Since the bunny is symmetrical, I was able to perfectly adhere two bunnies together so that when you open the card and that image flips around, you would still be able to see the same bunny.

For finishing touches, I used Versamark ink to stamp on confetti from the same Lawn Fawn set, and stamped on some greetings using the sets from Mama Elephant. 

Hope you enjoyed! 
Happy Crafting.  

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!