Sparkling Saturdays: Platinum Anniversary

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing a simple card that packs a big impact through the use of an embossing folder, selective ink rubbing, and heat embossing. Let's get started. 

This card was made for my grandparents who are celebrating their 70th anniversary (also called 'Platinum' anniversary!). Their love and care towards each other throughout all these years is something I definitely look up to. For this card, I decided to use an image of a couple on their wedding day so that it could remind them of how much they have experienced together since their own wedding day 70 years ago. First, I used a intricate wood mounted stamp from Micia Crafts (taiwan company) to stamp and heat emboss the image on a piece of red cardstock using Ranger gold embossing powder. I bought this stamp on my trip to Hong Kong in Feb, and I'm so glad this I decided to buy it even though it was slightly pricey. I love finding good quality stamps in other countries because they have quite a different selection than North American stamp companies.

After this image was embossed, I cut around the image, leaving a bit of a border. For my card base, I decided to use kraft colored card stock. For added interest and more impact, I used my WRMK Next Level embossing folder (geometric) to give it a 3D look. After it was dry embossed, I used my Delicata Gold pigment ink and rubbed lightly over the popped out areas to give it a sparkle and shine. Finally, I mounted the central image onto the cardbase using foam squares and this card was completed!

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting. 

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!