Messy Mondays: Circle Penny Slider

Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today I will be sharing with you a fun interactive slider card. Many companies are coming out with new shaped sliders dies this year to make it easier for us to make these cards, but I will be sharing with you how I made this card using the circle dies that I already have. Let's get started!

I started out with a piece of white cardstock cut to A2 size, and then used different shades of blue/green and cut some waves on each colored piece and glued them down. Next, I stamped on some bubbles onto the background using my Versamark ink, so it would take on the color of the cardstock it was stamped on. Using two different size circle dies from MFT stitched circle set, I layered them and die cut the circle out, leaving a nice circular "rail" for my slider portion.

Using the Lawn Fawn Year 5 set, I stamped on a greeting on my circle piece using Versafine ink. Then, I adhered my panel and the centre circle portion onto my card using white FunFoam, making sure I left ample room for my penny to move around the circle. I stamped the rest of the images from the same stamp set, and a couple others from Lawn Fawn Fintastic Friends set as well onto white cardstock so I could color them in with my Copics. After they were all colored, I fussy cut them out and adhered them on using foam squares, with the exception of the otter. For the otter, I stuck on a birthday hat, and then attached it using foam squares onto a penny that I had tucked into the "rail" that I had made. After making sure I liked the placement of the otter, I pressed it down for a couple of second to ensure it would not fall off. 

I hope you liked this card! Let me know if you have any questions :) I will be entering this into the current MFT Color Challenge.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!