Sparkling Saturdays: Chinese New Year Celebration


Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! Although it has only been a little bit over a week, it feels like forever since I have blogged. As you may or may not know, Chinese New Year was celebrated on Feb 8. Traditionally, it is a 15 day celebration, ending with the Lantern Festival (which is coming up this Monday!). If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen pictures of me in Hong Kong, as I flew back this year to visit my family and join in on the celebrations. My grandma's birthday this year falls during this celebration period, so I thought it would be fitting to make a Chinese New Year themed birthday card.

Since this year in the Chinese zodiac is the year of the Monkey, I decided to decorate her card with these adorable monkeys from Mama Elephant Lunar Animals set. I colored them in using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, and then fussy cut them out. Next, I also stamped and fussy cut out the cute little hats that also come in the set.

For my background, I decided to die cut a stitched rectangle from Lawn Fawn from red cardstock and emboss the word 'longevity' by The Old Island Stamp Company using Ranger gold embossing powder.

To frame my monkeys, I used the smallest square from the Classic Squares set by Spellbinders, and die cut out 3 squares using the self-adhesive gold glitter paper by Tim Holtz. I adhered all the squares down and then glued my monkeys on top using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.

After all this was done, I adhered all down on a gorgeous silver foiled card base from Recollections.
Hope you enjoyed!

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!