Sparkling Saturdays: Partial Acetate Photo Card


Hi everyone! Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday. Today I will be sharing a different kind of card on my blog today using some acetate paper to make a card that encloses a photo. It may look a bit intimidating at first, but I promise it's quite easy. This card is great for when you want to include a photo in cards - whether it be birthday cards to grandparents, mother/father's day, penpal, or a letter to a friend who is overseas/out of town.

First, I started out with an A2 silver foiled card base from the Recollections box set. Since this card has top and bottom border, I thought it would work out great for my partial acetate card (aren't the little foiled hearts so pretty?) Using my trimmer, I cut out the middle section of the card.

Next, I cut out a 5.5" by 3.75" piece of acetate for my middle section of my card. I used this piece of acetate to adhere my top border and the bottom border (which was now a border strip) together by placing adhesive on the back side of both border pieces. In order for the acetate not to show when the card is opened, I used the middle white strip that I initally cut out for the middle, and sandwiched it on top of the acetate on the backside of the card. Afterwards, I used my Ranger multi-matte medium to glue down this cute image from Bear Hugs by Mama Elephant (colored in with my Copics) on the bottom left hand corner.


You could add any sentiment you want for this, but I decided not to have one this time around. For the finishing touches, You may want to add a piece of vellum cut at 4.25" by 5.5" on top of the photo you are enclosing, so the recipient gets a little surprise of what picture is enclosed, or you could choose to leave out the vellum and have the picture be seen through the acetate.

I hope you enjoyed this photo card. I will be entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!