Messy Mondays: You Color My World


Welcome to another Messy Monday! Since I missed last Saturday's post (work has been super busy), I decided to make this Monday's card shiny to make up for it. Today I will be sharing a simple card using black cardstock and metallic watercolors.

I used Lawn Fawn Color my World set to stamp out my focal panel with Versamark. Next, I used Simon Says Stamp fine white embossing powder to heat set the image. For a splash of color, I used my Finetec metallic pearl colors (aren't they gorgeous?) to watercolor in all the crayons. I love how vibrate and opaque the colors are. They also didn't need a lot of water which worked out well since I used a black piece of 60lb cardstock and there wasn't much warping at all.

To finish off my card, I used Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die to cut out my focal piece. For my card base, I used 110lb white cardstock and went over the the front with the diagonal border from Lawn Fawn stitched border die set for a more finished look.

Hope you enjoyed! I will be entering this into the Lawnscaping Challenge.


Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I really like the heat embossed images against the black and how you colored the crayons! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!