Messy Mondays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 5

Welcome to Day 5 of my Christmas Card Series! Today is another variation of a card I made from last year with some different design changes. You can see those cards here. I wanted to make a version that was still pretty but easier to mass produce (if you need more than 1), and simpler if you need a card in a hurry. 

I started out with a basic A2 top folding white card base. For the focal image of my card, I used deep green cardstock to die cut the Memory Box Holiday Wreath. It dies cuts beautifully and comes out super easy as there are no little pieces to poke out. I adhered the wreath on using my Tombow Mono Liquid adhesive (did any of you catch their 40% cyber monday deal?). I decided not to die cut out the berries because it would be too labor intensive but instead used my red Copic marker to color in some silver gem stickers I had and stuck them on as the holly berries. (TIP Alert: Silver is the best color to buy for gems because you can color them with any permanent/alcohol marker to whatever color you need them to be!). 

Next, I used the hedgehog from Avery More Stories and colored it in using warm grey Copic markers (W1/W3/W5) and added a red scarf from a Lawn Fawn set for a more festive look. I fussy cut it out and foam mounted it at the bottom centre of the wreath. 

For my sentiment, I die cut a banner from Mama Elephant Basic Set Creative Cuts and stamped on a greeting from Mama Elephant Winter Wonderland set. Using my WRMK corner chomper, I rounded both bottom corners to finish off my card.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll also be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge: Christmas to die for.
Happy Crafting. 

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. It's is so sweet, the little hedgehog is so cute and I love the wreath.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!