Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 2

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! For card 2/12 of my Christmas Card series, I decided to reuse one of the designs I thought of last year. It's been one crazy week with not as much sleep as I need and want, so forgive me for not thinking of a new design! Many may not know the time that goes into planning and thinking of a card design, but it definitely takes me more time to think of how I want to make a card than making the card itself.


For this card, I kept all the main elements of last year's card the same, but changed up the critters. I used a A2 red cardbase, a blue piece of cardstock sprayed with glitter, and used the Basic Set from Mama Elephant to die cut out the banner. I also used a die from Mama Elephant Lawnscape trio to cut out snow slopes for my cute critters to sit on. Click on the links given to read in more detail how I made the basic elements of the card.

For my adorable critters and pretty sentiment, I used the Snow Day set from Lawn Fawn. I love how the grey bunnies turned out with my Copics! I die cut these out with an additional tree stamped in green, and added some sticker gems for 'ornaments'. After adding a couple sequins and stitched line around the blue panel, my card was finished.

Thanks for reading. I'll be entering this into SSS Wednesday challenge: Christmas Critters
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Love your background, and who can resist your cute bunnies? Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!