Messy Mondays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 9


Welcome to Card 9 of my Christmas Card Series! This post was supposed to go up Monday, but it's been snowing lots here and I was just too tired from driving in heavy traffic for work and shoveling. My apologies! Without further delay, let's get started!

I've been needing some quick and simple cards in a hurry (I always mean to start making cards earlier...but it never seems to happen for some reason), so I decided to stamp on some gorgeous ornaments from Hero Arts Christmas Crystals CL802 set in Versamark Black Onyx ink onto bristol paper, that I die cut using my Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, so I could watercolor them in.

If you follow me on Instagram, you know how EXTREMELY excited I was to finally find the Spectrum Noir Sparkle brush pens in Canada. I've been searching for them everywhere and was resisting from buying them online. I decided it was be the perfect opportunity to test out my new brush pen by using it to watercolor. I added color onto my ornaments using my dual brush Tombow markers and the brush pen blended the color out beautifully. The sparkle that this brush pen gives is amazing - the pictures do not do it justice, although the picture below in the bottom left corner gives you a better indication. These are definitely more sparkly than the Wink of Stellas, and I feel has a broader tip so it's easier to cover large areas (still love my Wink of Stella though!).

These came together pretty quickly and after they were dried, I matted them onto red cardstock. I adhered these onto a cream colored card base and these cards are finished. Easy, right?

Hope you enjoyed.
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!