Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Cards Series 2016 - Day 8

Welcome to card 8 of my Christmas Card series! Today I will be sharing with you a fun shaker card inspired by all the snowy weather here in Vancouver. I find sitting here writing my post, while staring out the window at the falling snow, super calming and relaxing. I'm very thankful for warmth, food, and shelter this cold Christmas. 

For this card, I stamped on a cute penguin from Mama Elephant Artic Penguin set onto an A2 white card front. Minimal coloring (love these stamps for saving time!) was done using my Copics and then I masked this image off using a post-it note. Next, I stamped a Christmas tree from Jillibean Soup Christmas Ornaments set using green ink, and also masked it off. My background was blended on using my Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire distress inks and some white snowflakes were stamped using SSS white pigment ink. 

After the focal panel, it's time to get started on the shaker portion of this card! First, I die cut an A2 card from using my Lawn Fawn large rectangle set and then die cut a circle using MFT stitched circle near the top middle portion. I stamped on a greeting underneath the circle using some sentiments from other Mama Elephant sets and adhered a piece of acetate behind the circle. 


I love using Fun Foam instead of foam tape for my shakers because I find I have much better success at this. I traced a circle using the same die from the front portion onto my foam and cut it out using scissors. Next, I used some strong double sided adhesive tape (SookWang) to adhere my foam piece behind my front panel. Now comes the fun part -- adding in all your shaker bits! I put in some red , silver, and green sea glass beads into mine, but you can add anything. I closed up my shaker by adhering my image piece carefully with the center of the circle and pressing it down tightly. Lastly, this was all taped down to an A2 white side folding card base.

For my finishing touches, I die cut a snowflake from silver glitter paper and vellum, and adhered the layered snowflake on the top right hand corner for some added sparkle. 

Hope you enjoyed! I will be entering this into SSS Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration.
Happy Crafting.  

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shaker card! The scene you've created is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!