Messy Mondays: Love to Hear from You

Welcome to another Messy Monday! I will be sharing with you today a watercolored Valentine's Day card with emboss resist technique. Hopefully this will help with any last minute cards you may be making, or give you ideas for future projects.  

For this card, I started off with a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper die cut with the second largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Rectangle set. Using the largest vintage telephone from Hero Arts Just Saying Hi (CL502) set, I stamped the image on the top centre of the panel (SSS Audrey blue). Next, I used Versamark to stamp exactly on top of the image (MISTI can help with this if you have one!), so I could heat emboss it in clear (dye inks dry quicker -- so I couldn't directly apply embossing powder on after I stamped it the first time).

After the image was heat embossed, I took out my watercolors and loosely watercolored around the image. I could paint directly on top of my stamped image, since it was heat embossed so it would resist, and did not have to worry about my image being smudged. After I painted on a couple of layers, I chose a mint color that matched my telephone to flick on some splatters for added interest. After this panel dried, I stamped a greeting using Versafine Onyx Black from the same set (love how detailed this ink is!). This panel was matted onto a light mint piece of cardstock and then adhered it to a light pink A2 side folding card base.

For the finishing touches, I used the same light mint color cardstock to die cut out some hearts using my Mama Elephant die, and adhered 2 of them on. I added some glossy accents for raised dimension onto the hearts, and this card was complete! 

Hope you enjoyed. I will be entering this into MFT Color Challenge 63.
Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!