Messy Mondays: Happy Birthday To You


Welcome to another Messy Monday! Today I am sharing a quick and easy birthday card using the ink smooshing technique. I used a piece of watercolor paper cut 4" by 5.5" as my front panel. To smoosh the color onto the background, I used Distress ink in Squeezed Lemonade and smooshed it onto my acrylic block. Next, I used my mini mister and sprayed my block a couple of times. I then smooshed the color onto my watercolor panel and held it there for a few seconds. While this was still slightly damp, I repeated this step with Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean, letting the colors overlap a little bit so they could form a nice orange and purple.


After this dried, I heat embossed the stars and the sentiment using the Make a Wish stamp set from Mama Elephant. I love this scripty, big font! To finish up the card, I added sequins and sticker jewels onto the front panel and adhered it to a pink A4 card base. I stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card as well to match the front. Hope you enjoyed! Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.