Messy Mondays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 6 and 7

Welcome to another Messy Monday and another post in my Christmas card series! This weekend was full of craziness - from house cleaning and attending baby showers, to Christmas brunch gatherings and watching sport events, so my apologies for not posting on Saturday. To make up for this (and to not throw my 12 cards of Christmas Series off schedule!), I will be sharing with you 2 cards today that makes use of both the positive and negative die cut. This saves you loads of time and gives you double the amount of cards! Vancouver got its first snowfall this season so these card match the weather outside perfectly today :)

For my first card (pictured in the background), I started off with a piece of white cardstock measuring 4.25" by 5.25" and die cut out a snowflake from the top middle using the SSS Eliza Snowflake Die. This snowflake die is definitely one of my favorites - I love the shape and delicate details! I used the negative space left over from the snowflake and added a fun "falling snow" effect by dry embossing this with the CuttleBug Swiss Dots embossing folder. For my sentiment, I heat embossed a greeting onto vellum using Ranger Silver embossing folder and wrapping it around the white cardstock piece. After adhering this down onto a top folding A2 navy card base, silver gem stickers were added inside the snowflake for added sparkle, shine, and definition.

For my second card, I used the snowflake that was die cut out from the last card (positive portion) and smooshed my Versamark ink pad all over it to heat emboss this in the same Ranger Silver embossing powder from the last card. While that cooled, I used a punch of small snowflake stamps from all my Christmas stamp sets to stamp on a background using Versamark, which gives a tone on tone look when dried, onto a muted blue side folding A2 card base. For my sentiment, I stamped a greeting on using navy ink and cut out a banner shape with my scissors. I adhered everything onto the card front using Tombow mono liquid adhesive and added a pearl sticker onto the middle of the snowflake. 

Hope you enjoyed these cards and learned how to used both the negative and positive space effectively! I'll be entering this into the SSS Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!