Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day 10

Hello! I'm back with another holiday card today. There's only 8 days left until Christmas!! How did time fly by so quickly? Thankfully, I have bought most of my presents (online shopping = time saver) and now I all I have to do is wrap them up and make a gazillion more Christmas cards. Easy right?


Since there was such great feedback on my last ornament card, I decided to stick with the same theme for this card but switch up the design, while still keeping it clean and simple. For this card, I started out with a piece of white cardstock and used my Versamark Black Onyx to stamp on 3 of the diamond shaped ornaments from the Hero Arts Christmas Crystals CL802 set. While they were still wet, I sprinkled on some Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing powder and heat set it for some added glitter and dimension.  

Once it was all embossed, I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor my ornaments. I added the color mostly on one side, and used a water brush to blend and lighten the color for the rest of the ornament. For more fun and added interest, I added some splatters using the same colors and flicked it onto my card front.


For my finishing touches, I embossed a greeting with white onto a black piece of cardstock. I matted this with a piece of vellum. I adhered some silver thread onto the card before foam mounting it onto my card front. I stuck this panel down onto a side folding red card base and added a few sticker gems.

Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Crafting. 


theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!