Sparkling Saturdays: Smile, Laugh, and Giggle


Hello! Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today I will be sharing with you a shaker card. One of my best friends is moving away for awhile to finish her residency, so I thought this would be a cute card to give her.
The theme for the Flickr challenge at Mama Elephant this month is the showcasing the use of white space so I thought I would keep the front of the card white and accent the middle panel. I stamped on these two cute girls (my best friend and I) and the sentiment using the Photo Bomb set from Mama Elephant. I love these adorable images. Next, I watercolored the panel using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.


I die cut the card front and the frames using my Large and Small Stitched Rectangle Dies from Lawn Fawn. I was initially going to inlay all of the pieces flat, but thought the card lacked dimension so I decided to pop up the inner frame with foam tape. Since I was going to pop up the frame, I decided to make it into a shaker card. I cut a piece of acetate and glued it behind my frame, stuck on some foam tape, and then added my sequins.

Finally, I finished off the card by sticking it to the card front and added a few sparkling sequins to the frame. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!