Sparkling Saturdays: Birthday wishes

Hi everyone! Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday. Today I will be sharing with you a card that I CASE'd from Sandy Allnock here. I loved playing with this technique and adored how it came out.

I started out with a piece of 4" by 4" piece of Strathmore watercolor paper. I used the flower from Penny Black Blooming garden for this piece, and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I smudged out the outlines of the image using just water and used the leftover on my brush to draw the circle where my sentiment will be. After the image dried, I blended in some distress ink in Dusty Concord to add a bit of color to my flowers. I also used the remaining color on the brush to add some splatter.


Next, I used my Martha Stewart mini scoring board to score a couple lines near the bottom of the flowers. The birthday sentiment was stamped with Avery Elle Sending Love set. Isn't the font so lovely?

I finished up this card by adding a few sparkly sequins (it IS sparkling Saturday after all!) and framed this on a 4.5" by 4.5" purple cardstock. I mounted this onto a fuchsia card base measuring 5.25" by 5.25" and voilà. Done.

I am entering this card to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes! challenge and also the Color Throwdown #351 challenge.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!