Sparkling Saturdays: Foil Edition Take 1



Welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday! Today's post will feature a card made with foil as I am madly in love with it right now. It adds such an elegant touch to a simple card. The two cards I am showing you today were made for two friends of mine that recently graduated from medicine and beginning their journey as doctors. I was a little rushed getting them finished, so please excuse the pictures I took of these cards in the car.

Both these cards were made using Doctors Rule stamp set from Altenew. I love all the images and sentiments it comes with and many of them will be used in both these cards. For the first card, I used Tsukineko Ultimate Metallic Gold to make a background using the sentiment 'Congrats Doc'. Next, I stamped out the heart and colored it in using Copics and fussy cut it out. To finish, I adhered the background onto black cardstock and popped up the heart using foam squares. I cut a strip of black to stamp on my sentiment, cut a little fishtail on one side, and stuck it all down to white card base, and voilà! Card 1 was done.

For my next card, I decided to centre it around the Hippocratic Oath that doctors need to take when they graduate. I made my own word cloud using Wordle, and fussed around with it until I got it the way I wanted it. Next, I printed the word cloud out on white cardstock and cut it out. While I was doing all this, my laminator was warming up so it was ready to go!  I used gold iCraft Deco Foil and placed the gold side up on top of my printed word cloud. I ran it through the laminator twice and peeled the foil piece up and TADAA! Isn't it so pretty? I'm loving the way this turned out! To finish off this card, I used SSS Fog ink to stamp on the stethoscope and hearts to make a background. I adhered this to black cardstock and then onto a white card base.


To end this post, I'm sharing with you the sentiments that I stamped on the inside. The script of the congrats is super elegant, and the other sentiment is just too awesome.

Thanks for dropping by! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comment section below.

Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!