Sparkling Saturdays: Happily Ever After...

Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! As I previously told you, these past couple years have been packed full of weddings. However, I find making Asian themed wedding cards particularly hard and ideas on the internet are sparse. I wanted to make a card that showed some traditional Chinese wedding themes but for it to not be too cliché. After some thought, I decided to use traditional Chinese wedding colors, red and gold, for the card base and cute images for the focal point. The color red is supposed to bring luck and the color gold symbolizes prosperity.

I made a background by repeatedly using the Double Happiness rubber stamp made by The Old Island Stamp Company (a local Canadian stamp company located in BC) in Versamark ink. I sprinkled on gold embossing powder by Ranger and heat set it. To tone down the background, I die cut a frame out of vellum using a set by Mama Elephant.

For my focal point, I colored and fussy cut out the couple in the "I Do" stamp set from The Greeting Farm. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the images onto 110lb white card stock and used both Spectrum Noir and Copics to colored them in. I used foam adhesives to adhere them to the vellum sheet and then applied glue behind these images on the backside of the vellum so I could stick this panel onto the card base I made.

To finish off this card, I embossed a sentiment from Hero Arts Best Wishes (CL360) and used my clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle to the veil.  I added a couple of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, and some silver Stickles onto the tiara.

I am entering this card to the Simon Says Stamp: no ordinary paper challenge.

Hope you enjoyed! Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.