Sparkling Saturdays: Peeking Panda


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Sorry for the later post, as it was a very busy weekend. Today I will be sharing with you a fun shaker card! Aren't the pandas so cute?


To start off, I die cut my shaker frame using both dies from Stitched Duo 2 set by Pretty Pink Posh. Next, I cut a 2.5" by 4" piece of white cardstock as my background, and lightly traced on the circles using my frame as a guide. This allowed me to know how to add my images and my colors. I used distress inks to blend in different colors for each circle. As it was quite a small area, it was difficult to get a smooth blend and at first it looked like a hot mess! However, I went over each circle with my clear Wink of Stella, and in the end, it turned out perfectly and you can really see the shimmer!

Using the smallest panda from the Pandamonium set from Mama Elephant, I stamped and fussy cut out 3 pandas to fit them into the frame. I also stamped on some birthday accessories (from other stamp sets!) to fill in the rest of the circles.


Next, I adhered some acetate paper to the back of the frame and added some sequins. I closed up the shaker by sealing off the sides with foam tape and lining up my background piece.

I cut a card base out of turquoise card stock, and used SSS Audrey Blue to stamp on polka dots using the Boutique Borders by Mama Elephant. For the sentiment, I stamped the word 'happy' using Beep Boop Birthday by Lawn Fawn, and die cut the word 'birthday' from the Happy Birthday set by SSS. To finish off the card, I offset the shaker panel onto some kraft card stock and yellow chevron patterned paper.

Hope you enjoyed! Happy crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!