Sparkling Saturdays: Welcome Sweet Girl


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! With the end of summer arriving (so sad!), the weekends have been filled with summer bbq parties, outdoor excursions, and mini getaways. Therefore, I'm finding it harder at the moment to squeeze in some time for crafting but hopefully I will get more time soon. For now, I will be sharing with you a card I made a while back for my friend's newborn baby girl.

For my main card panel, I die cut a stitched rectangular frame using Index Card Creative Cuts by Mama Elephant.  I repeatedly used the congratulations stamp from Sentimental Borders by Mama Elephant to create a background for this panel.  Second generation stamping using Hero Arts Bubblegum ink was used so it wouldn't distract from the focal image.

Next, I stamped and fussy cut out a cute hedgehog from More Stories set by Avery Elle. I colored it in using copic markers in E11, E13, E15, and E18. The sentiment on the outside was heat set with Ranger Silver embossing powder using three different stamp/letter sets (Lawn Fawn Violet's ABC's; Lawn Fawn Hello Baby; Hero Arts CL141 Fanciful Swirl Alphabet). I added some little butterflies using SSS Audrey Blue to add some visual interest. These butterflies are from Elegant Butterflies by Clearly Besotted. I also used them in this card here. A sentiment and a butterfly were also stamped on the inside for a consistent look.

To put this card together, I out a piece of patterned paper (Baby elephants! So cute!) slightly bigger than my main panel and a piece of 4.25' by 5.25' vellum. I adhered the pattern paper down on a A4 white card base, and carefully added adhesive on the areas of the vellum where I knew would be covered up and stuck it on top. My main panel was then adhered on top of all the other layers.

To finish off this card, I used thin pink ribbon to tie a bow at the top and added in a few sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (I absolutely ADORE these sequins!).

Thanks for dropping by. Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.