Sparkling Saturdays: Partial Edge Cutting


Hello and welcome back to another Sparkling Saturday. Today I will be showing you pretty floral birthday card. To start off, I cut a A2 sized white piece of cardstock as my card panel. Next, I used my T-square ruler to draw a line 1" in from the right hand side of the paper. This will serve as my guide for stamping and for my cutting later on.

Next, I used various flowers from WPlus9 Pretty Peonies set (Seriously, I love this set so much!) to stamp a row of flowers on the pencil line that I had previously drawn. I found that it looked visually more appealing when I stamped some images on the line, some to the left of the line, and some hanging off the right side of the line. I hope that made sense! I used Hero Arts Bubble Gum and Memento Dew Drops in Lilac Posies, Grape Jelly, Cottage Ivy, and Pear Tart as my ink colors. When all the stamping was done, I used my scissors to cut down the line and fussy cut out all the images that were hanging on the right side of the line


To finish off this card, I adhered a fuchsia strip of paper underneath my card panel.  I attached this onto foam to give it some dimension, and then stuck it on a purplish-blue card base. I gold embossed a greeting from Avery Elle Brushed set. For finishing touches, a flower was stamped on the inside of the card and some Pretty Pink Posh sequin on the front (Sparkling Clear in 4mm and 6mm; Pansy Purple 4mm).

Hope you enjoyed this card and happy crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.