Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Card Series #1


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today kicks off my first ever Christmas card series. I am so excited to share with you some ideas/tips for making Christmas cards as the season is slowly coming up. I hope you find this helpful.

I started out with a piece of sky blue cardstock that I die cut out using the second largest die from Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle set. I used a spray glitter adhesive (do this outside in a well ventilated space!) to spray on some glitter and "snow: for my background and set it aside to dry.

While the background was drying, I stamped and fussy cut out the cute hedgehogs from the Hedgehugs set by Lawn Fawn. I used some simple Copic coloring for these images and added some hats on them from the Arctic Penguins stamp set by Mama Elephant. Next, I stamped out one of the tress from the Snow Day Lawn Fawn set with green ink and also fussy cut it out. Before assembling the card, I die cut a banner from the Basic Set from Mama Elephant and stamped a greeting on using the the Snow Day stamp set.


For my card base, I used a Christmas red cardstock to make a top folding A2 card.  I wanted somewhere for my hedgehogs to sit on, so I used the Landscape Trio die by Mama Elephant to cut out some snowy hills. I adhered these hills on my glittered cardstock and used foam adhesive to stick the images and banner on.

After this panel was adhered onto the red card base. I used my white uni-ball Signo gel pen to add some stitching detail around it. For my finishing touches, I added some silver sticker gems to the tree and a scattering of Pretty Pink Posh white and sparkling clear 4mm sequins.

Yay for the holidays! I am so excited. I love this holiday for so many reasons.

Happy Crafting.

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!