Sparkling Saturdays: Christmas Card Series #3


Welcome to another Sparkling Saturday! Today we are continuing on with the Christmas card series. It's hard to believe it, but there's only 33 days left until Christmas! I'm going to need to start making a list of people I need to make card and presents I need to buy (hurray!).

Today I am sharing with you a card I made using my Cricut. My Cricut is super old as it was one of my first purchases when I started teaching. These machines are lifesavers when it comes to making bulletin boards and cutting out specific shapes. However, these machines can also be very handy when making (or mass-producing) Christmas cards as well.

I started out with a 4" by 5.25" piece of white cardstock and positioned my cricut blade in the top middle part of my paper. I used the Cricut December 25th cartridge to cut out a 2.5" snowflake and then used the negative as my base panel. After cutting, the base panel was dry embossed with a Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug.

To add some dimension to my card, I used the same cartridge to cut out a 1" snowflake from silver glitter paper. I adhered this to the middle of the larger snowflake using foam adhesive and added a sparkly gem sticker in the middle for some extra sparkle!

To finish off this card, I added a silver lined blue satin ribbon to the bottom of the card and used foam tape to adhere a greeting label. After adhering this panel down with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue (for the parts around the negative snowflake especially!) to a textured light blue card stock, this card was finished!

Hope you enjoyed. I will be entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Christmas.

Happy Crafting!

theartofnails

Create from the heart. Never stop smiling. Craftaholics unite.

1 comment:

  1. hello! super pretty layers snowflakes...I adore the embossed background and the glittery snowflake! thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading :) Feel free to ask any questions or send encouragement!